3M™ PTFE (TEFLON) FILM TAPE
- Non-stick PTFE film provides an exceptionally slick surface for easy clean-up
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Wide temperature range for performance on heated machinery and equipment
- Extruded PTFE film tapes lie flatter than typical skived PTFE film tapes, resists curling during unwinding, and provide an exceptionally smooth surface when applied.
- Excellent chemical resistance enables the tape to withstand challenging applications
- High strength and abrasion resistance ensures reliability and performance to reduce friction, rattle, and machinery noise
- Waterproof and easily removable
3M™ PTFE Film Tape 5490 uses an extruded polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) film backing. This tape offers an extremely low coefficient of friction which, in combination with a pressure-sensitive silicone adhesive, creates a smooth, non-stick surface over a variety of substrates to assist in the movement of materials in many types of lay-flat applications.
The extruded film backing on 3M™ PTFE Film Tape 5490 resists curling when unwound from the roll and lies flatter than skived PTFE film tapes, creating a more uniform non-skid surface. We developed this tape as a quick and easy solution to reduce friction between moving surfaces. It functions as an anti-stick or easy-release medium where pressure, temperature changes, and other factors may create a measure of adhesion. Applying 3M™ PTFE Film Tape 5490 can help improve surface movement, eliminate squeaks and rattles, and reduce machine noise. PTFE is chemical resistant and can be used as a temporary chemical barrier. Dispensable and appropriate for outdoor use.
- Roll-wrap for web processing, belts, and plates where sticky materials and inks may occur
- High temperature wire bundling and harnessing
- Squeak and noise reduction
- Lining of chutes, toughs, and ducts
- Shielding and protecting against chemicals
- Mold release for composite bonding